This is a recipe I made up when I had some mushrooms and kale hanging around in the fridge that I wanted to use up. The ingredients together may sound a little odd, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and have cooked it several times since.
Ingredients | Serves 2
2 smoked salmon fillets
8 medium sized chestnut mushrooms
200g kale, stalks removed
6 small new potatoes
3tbsp crème fraîche
half the juice of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Remove the stalks from the kale and put it into an oven tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice up the mushrooms and place on another tray and drizzle with oil.
- Place in the kale and mushrooms into the oven and cook for half an hour.
- Put the potatoes in a pan and boil for around 20 minutes until they have softened.
- Place the salmon fillets on a tray and put these in after the kale and mushrooms have been in for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the crème fraîche, lemon juice and horseradish.
- Once every thing is cooked, place the kale crisps on the plate, pile on the mushrooms, then the salmon. Serve with new potatoes and the horseradish dressing.