This is such a easy soup to make, most of the ingredients can go straight into the slow cooker with little preparation. It’s packed with protein so will keep you feeling full for hours.
Ingredients | Serves 6
2 chicken breasts
1 large sweet potato
100g dried black beans
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp chipotle paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 litre chicken stock
- Place the chicken and quinoa into the slow cooker.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into relatively large chunks and add to the pot.
- Rinse the black beans in cold water then add to the pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, adding the stock last so that it covers the ingredients.
- Put the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours is up, use a spoon to stir the pot then, using a fork, shred the chicken into fine pieces.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread or tortilla chips.