I am a big fan of crumble; apple, rhubarb, raspberry. One year my mum found a recipe for mincemeat crumble and now every Christmas I look forward to her baking it. It’s absolutely delicious, especially made with homemade mincemeat. It can also be served cold, like a cake and pairs perfectly with your morning coffee.
Ingredients | Serves 12
265g plain flour
125g soft light brown sugar
1 x 100g pack of ground almonds
225g cold butter
75g pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan 170°, gas 4. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Rub the flour, sugar, ground almonds and butter together using your hands until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Spread out half the crumble mixture into the bottom of the tin and then top with the mincemeat, spreading it out evenly.
- Add the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the mincemeat, then place the pecan halves on top.
- Put in the oven for 40-45 minutes so the crumble is golden.
- Serve with lashings of pouring cream!