I am a big fan of risotto, however sometimes I find it can be a bit stodgy. Spelt gives this dish a slightly more textured and nutty flavour. I recommend mixing the goats cheese into the hot risotto mixture when you eat it, it’ll melt and taste beautiful!
Ingredients | Serves 2
1 tsp coconut oil
100g pearled spelt
1 clove of garlic crushed
100g cooked beetroot
3 big handfuls of spinach leaves
500ml chicken stock
100g goats cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and when hot add the garlic, stirring to avoid burning.
- Then add the spelt and beetroot to the pan and stir so that it has a light coating of oil.
- Add part of the stock, just enough to cover the ingredients in the pan. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and occasional stir the spelt, keep adding the stock in small quantities. The spelt will take about 30 minutes to cook.
- When the spelt is almost cooked, add in the spinach leaves and stir well.
- Once the spelt is cooked, serve on plates and top with half a piece of goats cheese.