My friend Sara made these for me when we were both on a bit of a health kick, the pizza base consists of a tortilla wrap, giving you a much lighter, crispy alternative. They’re so simple to make and taste delicious.
Ingredients | Serves 2
4 tortilla wraps
1 clove of garlic crushes
2 tbsp tomato puree
100g grated mozzarella
1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
half a red pepper
half a red onion
4 pepperoni slices
6 cherry tomatoes
1 large handful of rocket leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Then heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and when hot add the crushed garlic, cook for about 1 minute, stirring so that it doesn’t burn. Then add the tomato puree and mix in the garlic. Remove from the heat.
2. Slice the red pepper, onions and mushrooms. Heat some oil in another pan and fry the peppers, onion and mushrooms until soft.
3. Get 2 oven trays and place 2 tortilla wraps on top of each other on each tray . These will be the bases of your pizza, using 2 tortilla wraps just makes the bases a bit stronger than one. Then spread the garlic tomato puree over each base.
4. Scatter over the bases the grated mozzarella. Then add your toppings – onion, mushroom, pepper, pepperoni and cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
5. Tear the buffalo mozzarella into small pieces and add to the top of your pizzas. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, or chilli oil if you fancy a bit of a kick and place in the oven for 10-15minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the bases look crispy.
6. Remove from the oven and serve with some rocket leaves on top.